Request Benefit Payment
After applying for benefits, you need to request benefit payment in CONNECT on a biweekly basis. The CONNECT home page will provide you with your scheduled report date. You will use the “Request Benefit Payment” link on your home page. This link will not appear until your scheduled report date.
For each week of benefits that you are requesting, you will:
- Answer several yes or no questions regarding your ability, availability, and efforts to look for work
- Provide your required work search contacts for the individual week
- Report any earnings, tips, or commissions from any work for the requested week
It is extremely important that you request your benefits timely during any standard reviews. You are responsible for requesting benefit payment on or within 7 days from your scheduled report date. Failure to request payments timely will result in the loss of payment for the given week(s).
In CONNECT you can do the following:
- Update account and contact information (including payment method)
- Review monetary, child support, and issue summaries
- View benefit and payment histories
- Access your CONNECT Inbox to see correspondence records
You may be exempt from requesting benefits online. Please review the Exemption Notice for more information.
DEO offers assistance to people who do not speak English as their primary language and those who have a limited ability to read, speak, write, or understand English. We also provide assistance to people who are unable to file a claim for various reasons. To speak to a Creole or Spanish speaker or use translation services, call the Contact Center: 1-800-204-2418.
People who need assistance filing a claim online because of legal reasons, computer illiteracy, language barriers, or disabilities may call: 1-800-681-8102.